Speak Out

Times Staff

What do you think of the security on campus? Do you notice a difference from previous year to this semester?

Judy Wessler, Assistant to the President; “I think this is one of the safest college campuses in the area. We do an exceptional job with safety considering our location and our surrounding area. There’s a lot more safety features this year: we’ve added extra lights, extra cameras, emergency phones and cadets patrolling the campus.”

[/media-credit] Judy Wessler, Assistant to the President; “I think this is one of the safest college campuses in the area. We do an exceptional job with safety considering our location and our surrounding area. There’s a lot more safety features this year: we’ve added extra lights, extra cameras, emergency phones and cadets patrolling the campus.”

Lauren Eklund, 21, Kinesiology: “I don’t feel any specific way about it. I don’t think it’s necessary. I feel safe on campus. It’s only my second semester here so no, not really (see a difference).”

[/media-credit] Lauren Eklund, 21, Kinesiology: “I don’t feel any specific way about it. I don’t think it’s necessary. I feel safe on campus. It’s only my second semester here so no, not really (see a difference).”

Delmon Williams, 20, Kinesiology: “I really don’t see security. I don’t see them doing ‘nothing. No (difference).”

[/media-credit] Delmon Williams, 20, Kinesiology: “I really don’t see security. I don’t see them doing ‘nothing. No (difference).”

Ted Fowler, 59, Alcohol and Drug Studies: “I like it better. It’s my third year (here). My first year there was all kinds of announcements as far as vandalism and cars and all that stuff. They also had some sexual abuse stuff for the girls and that seems to have seized. I think it has improved.”

[/media-credit] Ted Fowler, 59, Alcohol and Drug Studies: “I like it better. It’s my third year (here). My first year there was all kinds of announcements as far as vandalism and cars and all that stuff. They also had some sexual abuse stuff for the girls and that seems to have seized. I think it has improved.”

Tim Finch, 40, Adjunct Faculty: “This semester as compared to last I don’t really have a good comparison between the two. What I have noticed is a lot more of the ancillary group that they hired…It’s kind of the added security. I have noticed them a lot more. It’s more eyes and a quicker response.

[/media-credit] Tim Finch, 40, Adjunct Faculty: “This semester as compared to last I don’t really have a good comparison between the two. What I have noticed is a lot more of the ancillary group that they hired…It’s kind of the added security. I have noticed them a lot more. It’s more eyes and a quicker response.