Playing with Jaguars

More than 750 students from Alum Rock School District took a tour around San Jose City College for its seventh annual KinderCaminata event on April 19.

SJCC students and teachers set up booths outside the Student Center and inside the gym to introduce their programs to the little guests.

Jennifer Neil, director of Student Life, said this year, besides other academic departments, there are more presentations by Valley Transit Authority, San Jose Water Company, the county federal bank and San Jose library, joining the kindergarten day.

The kids were introduced to the Emergency Medical Services group and police officers and talked about their dreams of being a policeman or paramedic.

SJCC’s sports teams also spent time playing games with those little athletes on the fields.

“I see this as an opportunity for those kids to look at different careers and what they want to do in their life at a very young age. You can create a fantasy seed that will grow into a big beautiful tree,” said Rich Saito, San Jose police officer.

The day provided fun for the parents as well. Anamilet Pelarosa, mother of one of the students said, “My son is so excited. I’ve never seen him be this happy.”

$662
$1000