Three Key March Events

Events this month for students to keep an eye out for
NORTHFOLK (Unsplash)
A planner on a table.

SJCC has plenty for students to do, from sporting events to participation in clubs. However, there are other campus happenings and cultural events which students should also be aware of. Here are three events happening this month.

DREAM Act workshops – 03/19-20/2024

DREAM Act Workshops are being held on March 19th and 20th in the Student Center building. Undocumented students who require assistance in completing their 2024-2025 financial aid application can attend one in SC-203.

The March 19th workshop is from 10:30 to 11:30 am, and the March 20th workshop is from 11 am to 12 am. The workshops are open for registration by scanning the QR code on the announcement post on Instagram.

Umoja program presentation – 03/20/2024

The Umoja Community is an organization that focuses on academic success for African-American students, and they’re hosting a program presentation on March 20th. It’s not where one would expect, though; it’s being presented at SJCC’s extension campus, located at 1450 Escuela Parkway in Milpitas. This achievement gap-closing organization will be presenting in classrooms 1 and 2 from 3:15 to 4:30 p.m., and snacks will be provided for attendees.

Free Food Distribution – 03/22/2024

Whether you’re attending an informational session or applying for financial aid, you’ll still need to pick up groceries next week. Unfortunately for some, groceries are a financial burden. That’s why SJCC has free food distribution on the 2nd and 4th Friday of every month. The next distribution is on March 22nd in the parking lot, and takes place from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. 

$662
$1000