Aid for tight wallets

James Hartley

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.

Email This Story

Studies show that eating nutritious food is important, but on a student budget the cost of quality food can be unreachable. CalFresh, formerly known as food stamps, is a program that gives assistance to low income individuals for groceries.
CalFresh receives funding from the U.S. Department of Agriculture and is known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
Students in need of assistance can have questions answered about CalFresh through the CalWORKs office located on the second floor of the Student Center.
For more information about CalFresh qualifications, call 1 (877) 847-FOOD (3663).
The CalWORKs office is directed by Taffy Nguyen. She can be reached at [email protected]


Illustration by Cameron Smith

Office hours:
Monday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and
Friday 8:30 a.m. to noon.