Jaguar Market gives grab-and-go groceries during coronavirus quarantine

SJCC students can pick up one bag of food per week

UPDATE:  The Jaguar Market To Go has been cancelled because of COVID-19.  Please contact [email protected] for more information.

Second Harvest Silicon Valley will have food distribution each Wednesday beginning March 25 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the following location:

• St. Martin of Tours Parking lot
    200 O’Connor Drive, San Jose

San Jose City College will provide free groceries to students during shelter-in-place order.

“We are offering the Jaguar Market To Go experience as a way to continue to offer some support while shelter-in-place is in effect and the campus is closed,” Director of Student Development and Activities Blake Balajadia wrote in an email.

The service runs from Monday, March 23 to Wednesday, March 25 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. each day.
Students must have a current student ID.

There will be a drive-up booth located in front of the Moorpark entrance to the Student Center so students do not need to leave their vehicle. A walk-up line is also available, but students should still maintain social distancing while in line.

Each bag will contain:

• A Half gallon of milk
  • One Dozen eggs
  • Rice or noodles
  • Tortillas
  • Oatmeal
  • Canned tuna, chicken, fruit and vegetables
  • Snack bars
  • Bottled water

“There is no vegan or vegetarian option available, but students may donate any unwanted items to their friends and family,” Balajadia wrote.

The program will run weekly until the shelter-in-place order is lifted.

“We will switch back to allowing people to shop at the Jaguar Market once we are able to reopen,” Balajadia wrote.

There is a limit of one bag per person each week while supplies last.

“We hope to reach at least 100 students next week,” Balajadia wrote. “We will revise our future offerings if necessary based on demand.”