Early registration may help students avoid lines

[media-credit id=36 align=”alignnone” width=”400″]Early registration may help students avoid lines[/media-credit]
Students can check their myweb account to see the date and time that they can add their courses for the spring.
The time and date for registration periods will be e-mailed to students in the next two weeks.

Students will be allowed to begin registering for the winter and spring semesters during the time and date specified in the e-mail, said Takeo Kubo, San Jose City College financial aid director.

“Students should register early to give themselves a higher likelihood of getting the classes that they want and need,” said Kubo. “The longer a student waits to register, the more other students are registering, taking the classes they may want.”

Kubo suggests students make appointments with counselors as soon as possible and to ask questions to ensure that they are taking the required courses to reach their educational goals.

“Take advantage, and do not wait until peak times,” said Summer Cox, counselor at SJCC. Cox also said that students who do take the time to see the counselors in the slow months of October and early November will not have to wait in long lines to see them.

“I think I would use it (early registration) because usually it’s really crowded,” said Zaynab Sajjadi an SJCC student.

Some students feel that getting an e-mail response is helpful to them.
“I don’t think it is a bad idea,” said student Sahar Lama. “It’s good for them to keep us posted.”

$662
$1000