More than just classes at SJCC

Welcome back students, faculty, staff and administrators.

Moving forward to fall semester 2012 we find ourselves transitioning from old to new.

By now you can see what all the last-semester commotion was about with the new multi-disciplinary and fine arts building and hopefully will come up with a better name than that mouthful. The pool has been filled in so students looking to take a dip for credit will have to wait until the new sports complex is finished.

Student Learning Outcomes have improved since last semester but still need to be polished to keep our accreditation. We still have a problem the problem of student apathy on campus. Classes are still being cancelled.

Moving forward we see City College full of new smiling faces that are looking for their path through higher education.

Look for holes in your schedule where you can take a class you want to but is not needed for your major. Visit our many clubs and find one you enjoy, the people you meet there will show you the ins and outs of City College.

Another great opportunity would be joining our staff. We work with every student in the newsroom to help them improve in their chosen task, be it writing or taking photographs, designing layouts for the pages, drumming up advertisements or managing people to produce a paper.

Without your participation the newspaper will become another class cut from the diminishing roster of interesting courses outside of general education.

We are here for you, City College, but we are also made of your students.

We are here to receive the same quality of education we expect everyone else in this school to have.

Stand up and demand not just what you paid for, but what is rightfully yours.

$662
$1000