Finding your dream job

The 1st annual career awareness month is being held at San Jose City College. Throughout the whole month of March, SJCC Transfer Center will have bus tours, speakers and counselors coming from all work fields to come talk about majors and smart ways to choose classes.

Doriann Tran, Transfer Center and Counseling Department counselor, helps students develop their interest in different courses and work with students to know their career path.

“A lot of students think they are taking the right classes for their majors, but sometimes this is incorrect,” Tran said. “It’s great to know the classes you are taking can apply to more than one major, and have counselors here to guide you to the next step.”

• March 17, Room SC 204: Professionals from business fields will teach students about various business sectors student can choose from. One of the members attending will be the head of Business Department at San Jose State University who will share some tips on being successful in the work field.
  • March 18: Transfer Center will have a two and half hour session on Writing Skills Test Workshop for students attending California State University by the Fall of 2011.
  • March 22 and 23: Transfer Center will have productive workshops helping students to write a winning resume as well as learning 20 most commonly asked questions during interviews. Professionals will coming on March 22 to teach how a resume stands out among hundreds of resumes.

$662
$1000