Associated Students ‘rolls over’ $46k in funds

The Associated Students received an additional $46,000 for this year’s budget.  The augmented budget was voted in on Oct. 17.

The AS’s annual budget is usually roughly $100,000.  Last year, the AS was under its full spending target, leaving a remainder of $46,000 in the account.

This year, the AS has “rolled over” the remainder of the previous balance, making the current account balance $143,550.

The augmented spending did not follow the typical spending break down.

The Foster Youth Scholarship and the ASB Scholarship accounts are traditionally allocated a combined 10 percent of the annual budget, but neither received an increase.

The plan does include an additional $5,000 to the travel expenses account, $5,000 in the student government account, $5,000 in the activity expenses account, and another $5,000 to be added to the Activities-Other account.

The book voucher program will also get an extra $5,000, a Go-Printer will be added to the cyber café and $9,863 will be allocated to foundational reserves.

An original proposal included the addition of part-time staff to aid Associated Students government  adviser Jennifer Sweeney, but that proposal, which would have cost $21,137 if implemented, was not approved.

$662
$1000